Sunday, November 4, 2012

November 3, 2012 - The Wall, Hampton, Beach NH


Thanks to Larry M. and the use of his winter suit, I am able to extend the surf season.  Also thanks to Hurricane Sandy for not knocking out our power and providing great long range ground swell.  What a blast this morning was!! Drove up solo and got there about 8:30 AM.  Temps were in the 40s, but I was totally prepared with a winter suit with attached hood, booties and gloves.  Total neoprene.  I think the waves were bigger than the waist high that was reported with waist to chest with a few shoulder high sets.  It was super clean with very low winds and low tide, so ideal conditions.  Lots of people out so I had to give up a few.  There was a crap load of seaweed to paddle through, something you usually don't see in Hampton.  These waves would build and you had to catch them at their peak to get them.  Had some nice drop-ins with fast rides, something I haven't experienced in a while. I caught a couple really long lefts that were about chest high and on the face.  Awesome! You know its a good ride when you end up down the beach and you are smiling all the way during the paddle back out.  Now I remember what its all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment